When your motorhome is returned, there are important steps to follow for a smooth process:
- Conduct a thorough inspection of the motorhome, checking the same points as you did during the departure. This includes examining the interior and exterior for any damages or issues.
- Ensure that the motorhome has returned to the standard you expect. Verify that it is clean and in the same condition as when it was hired out.
- Refer to the GoForm, an important document for documenting the handover process. Review all the important points recorded on the GoForm, including any agreements made with the traveller. For more information on what to note on the GoForm, refer to our guide.
- Once the check is complete and everything has been verified, both you and the Traveller should sign the GoForm. This serves as confirmation that the handover process has been properly documented.
- Keep in mind that if it's dark during the return, you should use the flash of your mobile phone or a flashlight for better visibility. It is recommended to schedule the return during daylight hours to avoid any potential issues.
The GoForm plays a crucial role in ensuring a well-documented handover of your motorhome. By carefully reviewing the information on the GoForm, checking for damages and fulfilling all agreements, you can complete the booking process smoothly and with peace of mind.